Check out the Sedona Bridal Fair this Saturday from 10am-2pm. You will find many wedding professionals all in one place, from hair and make up artists to cake designers, wedding planners to disc jockeys. You’ll be able to compare photography and videography styles, talk to representatives of the various professionals, and save time in planning your wedding! (At the Poco Diablo Resort). Tickets are $10 per bride, $5 per guest.
Here are a few tips from El Portal Sedona Hotel to help you out:
- Make a plan: what are you looking for – a caterer? Florist? Make a list of questions too. Bring a notebook; write down your questions BEFORE you go.
- Follow the plan. Don’t get side tracked with all the “free” stuff.
- Bring a calendar to make appointments.
- Bring a bag for samples, brochures, etc.
- Go through the entire show. Make notes of the vendors you want to see. Compare it to the list you made. Now go to the vendors you want to visit.
- Ask your questions, vendors are busy, be specific. If you’re comfortable, make an appointment. There is usually some “special” if the appointment is made at the show. You can even ask what their “show special” is and take advantage of it!
- If you do go to the runway show and see a dress, make a note of it. The dress vendor is usually at the show. Go to their booth tell them the dresses you like, find out how much they are and make an appointment. Ask them when they have their “Trunk Shows”; you can save a lot of money! Find out if they have any sales, sample sales, or clearance.
- Don’t forget to wear comfy shoes!
While you’re in Sedona drop by El Portal. This Sedona hotel would love to be the venue of choice for your wedding. The boutique hotel has hosted many weddings, and all our brides and grooms were thrilled with their special day. We offer a variety of wedding packages, or will customize a wedding to suit you. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor wedding or an indoor one, El Portal is the place for you with a lush, intimate courtyard or the beautiful great room. The custom adobe architecture, stain glass and original artwork make this Arts and Crafts inspired luxury inn one of the true gems of the Southwest. Come and see what Sedona and El Portal has to offer!